Unlock the Full Potential of Your Eyes
Strong vision isn’t just about having 20/20 eyesight. It’s also about how you use your eyes for different tasks. Vision therapy can help you develop better visual skills—helping you track objects more accurately, process images faster, and more.
Start making the most of your vision by reaching out to our practice today. We’ll be happy to help you learn more about the benefits of vision therapy.
Vision Therapy for Different Conditions
By taking a scientific approach to the way you use your eyes, vision therapy aims to help improve key visual skills, including object tracking and visual processing. We typically recommend vision therapy for patients with:
- Strabismus: a vision problem that occurs when the eyes point in different directions (crossed eyes).
- Amblyopia: a potential complication of strabismus where the brain ignores visual data from one eye (lazy eye).
- Convergence insufficiency: a problem caused by eye coordination difficulties during near vision tasks.
- Accommodative insufficiency: a problem caused when the eyes fail to sustain their focus during near vision tasks.
Vision Therapy for General Use
Anybody with functional vision may be able to benefit from vision therapy. Many people without strabismus, amblyopia, convergence insufficiency, or accommodative insufficiency use vision therapy to improve how they perform visual tasks. These people include:
The Vision Therapy Process
Vision therapy sessions generally last for about an hour and take place at our practice. We provide you with a series of eye exercises based on your individual needs. Your vision therapy program could include:
- Electronically-timed targets to look at
- Balance boards to stand on while performing certain visual tasks
- Contact lenses with therapeutic properties
- Visual occluders such as eyepatches, filters, and prisms
Once we have taught you the exercises you’ll need, you may be able to perform some of them at home.
Power Up Your Vision
Embrace the possibilities that vision therapy offers by speaking with an experienced member of our team who can answer your questions. Contact our practice now to book your first session.
Come See What We’re All About
Hours of Operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed