Don’t Let Your Eyes Stay Dry
Dry eyes can be a frequent source of distraction for millions of Americans, but you don’t have to deal with them alone. The team at i-Care Optometry can diagnose your dry eyes and help you find a strategy to achieve relief.
Look forward to a life beyond eye discomfort. Contact us now to schedule your next visit.
Dry Eye Risk Factors
Your risk for dry eyes increases if you:
- Are older than 50
- Have specific vascular diseases, hepatitis C, or a vitamin A deficiency
- Are experiencing hormone changes due to pregnancy, menopause, or postmenopausal estrogen treatments
- Take antihistamines or specific medications
- Have undergone corneal surgery or radiation exposure (including chemotherapy)
Approaches to Dry Eyes
i-Care Optometry may suggest the following therapies for dry eyes:
- Artificial tears: Lubricating eye drops that can reduce several dry eye symptoms.
- Steroids: Anti-inflammatory medications that have been shown to reduce even severe dry eye symptoms.
- Punctal plugs: Insertable plugs that block your tear ducts to make your tears drain slower and can compliment the use of topical dry eye therapies.
- Heat masks: Wearable accessories that reduce inflammation from dry eyes with gentle pressure and heat.
- Scleral lenses: Specialty lenses that leave a gap over the cornea for fluid to fill and may be more comfortable than other contact lenses for people with dry eyes.
- Eyelid-cleansing wipes: Disposable cloths saturated in a solution designed to promote and support the effectiveness of other dry eye therapies.
Come See What We’re All About
Hours of Operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed