Act Fast in Emergencies
Acute threats to your eye health or vision should always be treated as emergencies. In these situations, the most important thing you can do is get help from a qualified eye doctor as quickly as possible.
i-Care Optometry is ready to help deal with your eye emergency effectively. Contact us now for the help you need.
Recognizing an Eye Emergency
The best rule of thumb for identifying an eye emergency is: if you don’t know whether your situation counts as an eye emergency, assume it does and seek help.
Common Eye Emergency Warning Signs
- Vision loss (any amount)
- Floaters or flashes in your field of vision
- Blurry patches of vision
- Sudden or intense pain in the eye area
- Sudden or intense headaches or vertigo
- Inflammation of the eye area
Common Eye Emergency Examples
- An object impacting the head or face
- Abrasions or punctures in the eye area
- Objects becoming lodged in the eye area
- Severe allergic reactions
- Eye exposure to toxic chemicals
Don’t Wait & See
When it comes to eye emergencies, never try to solve them yourself or wait and see what happens. Your eyes are too sensitive and complex to take those risks. Instead, contact i-Care Optometry for reliable, professional help, or proceed to the nearest emergency room if we are not available.
Come See What We’re All About
Visit Us in San Jose
Our practice is located in San Jose on Meridian Avenue near the corner of Foxworthy Avenue.
- 3021 Meridian Ave
- San Jose, CA 95124
Hours of Operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed